Thursday, May 28, 2009

Night Owls

Last night, we had one of those nights...

It seems like we have had quite a run here lately of really rough nights. In hoping to catch up on some sleep, Adam had already declared that he was going to bed at 9pm. (Ha!) Our kids had much different plans for our evening though, and both decided that midnight sounded like a great time to call it a night! Midnight? What?! Our poor little man actually was asleep before 8pm, as usual, but an hour later, he was back up, and he was NOT happy! His two bottom teeth are just about to pop through, and our normally happy boy was a super sad, sobbing mess. Never in his 7 months have I seen him so sad! Hannah wasn't sad, but she sure wasn't sleepy either. You see, yesterday she asked me if I would cuddle with her in my bed when Blake went down for his nap. Who would resist that? Well, she fell asleep and took a nice hour-long nap, which just happened to be her first nap in months! I guess an hour of sleep recharges Hannah's batteries for at least a good four hours. Right around midnight, we finally had both kids in bed. (Ok, Hannah was actually in the pack-n-play in our room). Blake was up again at 12:45 and again at 3:30! Poor sweet baby! We'll see what tonight brings, but for now, I am under very strict orders to NEVER let Hannah take a nap again!

And just because I noticed that Blake needs some more pictures, here is one of our sweet, little teether swinging for the first time.

1 comments:

Amy said...

O how I can relate! My kids think that 11 is the earliest they'd like to go to bed. I am working on 8 for baby girl and 9 for our little man but am failing miserably so far. I haven't given up though! Good luck on better nights to come. :) Love ya!