Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Date with Two Boys


Yesterday morning Adam and I took Hannah down to my parents so that she could spend the weekend with them. She was really needing some extra attention from Grandma and Grandpa after having a bit of a difficult week. Adam and I were thrilled to be able to have some special time just with Blake as well. It's rare that we get to play with him together, and we had a blast just enjoying our happy little boy. We had a delicious dinner at Bravo, (Blake enjoyed his mixed veggies, plums and apples, and a biter biscuit) and then we walked around the mall. I wanted to stop into the Picture People to set an appointment up for Blake to have his pictures taken next weekend, and we ended up being able to do the photo shoot right then and there. The outfit that he was wearing was covered in the remains of his biter biscuit so we just stripped him down and did some nakey shots. He loves nothing more than being naked so he was thrilled to smile for the camera. They turned out better than I could have ever imagined! We didn't leave the mall until after 9:30pm, but Blake was a real trooper and didn't even fuss until we were in the car. He slept great last night, and Adam and I finally feel fairly well-rested. We're super excited to head down to Columbus this afternoon for a cook-out with my parents and to see our sweet girl. I talked to her this morning, and she and Grandma Cindy had made strawberry pancakes, scones, and scrambled eggs! Whoa! She might not be too thrilled when I offer her cereal tomorrow, even if it does have berrries in it.

0 comments: