Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Farewell Doodle

This post is a little late in coming, but I thought I had better write about this momentous event even if it is two months after the fact. Anyone who knows Hannah knows that she had quite a love for her pacifier, which she called her "doodle". Adam and I never put too much emphasis on trying to do away with doodle because both our pediatrician and dentist had reassured us that it was fine for her to continue to use it, and we had no desire to upset her bedtime routine. At the end of Decemeber, Hannah, Adam, and I all had a nasty virus, and I was sterilizing her pacifier when I realized that it looked disgusting! It had fuzz wrapped all around the base of it. Disgusted that Hannah was putting this in her mouth, I showed it to her and said, "You don't want to put that in your mouth, do you?" She simply responded, "No"! I put it in the trash and that was the end of doodle. Well, until she remembered it the next night... At that point, I had to explain to her about the magical powers of the doodle fairy. Yes, she is related to the tooth fairy, and she operates a very similar gig. She leaves money under the child's pillow in exchange for a pacifier, which she then distributes to another child in need. Here is a look back at Hannah's love affair with her doodle.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww... so long Doodle! So funny how much she loved her doodle and our little man loved his "fie" or "fier" until after his 3rd birthday. Can't wait to see you all soon!

jilmeka said...

that was really cute. and very creative: the doodle fairy! hmmm, my wheels are spinning (milks fairy?). lol!