Ok, scratch that...
That is the face of a little girl whose mommy somehow made her laugh for maybe 1/100 of a second during which her mommy just happened to snap a picture.
Hannah HATES dance recitals (ok, rehearsals too)! Hannah participated in dance at Tippy Toes School of Dance for the first time this year. She was very nervous and hesitant to participate for the first few weeks (last Sept), but she slowly warmed up to it, and then she loved it! Everyday she counted down until Friday when she would have dance class.
The recital is a different story altogether... Hannah wanted nothing to do with being on stage, which I completely understand. Her first dance was "Baby Face", and she was supposed to push a stroller onto the stage. Well, she pushed it onto the stage, but she only made it about one step from the curtain, and I had to place my hand on her bottom and hold her there or she would have turned right around. I also was thrilled to make my dance recital debut when I had to grab her hand and walk across the stage with her. Adam said that he was nearly hysterical when he saw me walking across! Believe it or not, but her ballet performance, "Spoonful of Sugar", was actually slightly worse. This time I could not get her to even go on the stage, and she was so ready to take her scratchy outfit off that we didn't even s
This picture was taken Sept. 4, 2008 before Hannah's first dance class. Look how much my sweet girl has changed in just 9 months!
2 comments:
Well, it's a great picture. Did she make it out on stage? We went on Saturday night - I totally forgot that's where Hannah took dance or we would have tried to make her recital too. V&T loved it! (Especially Mary Poppins)
Hey! Great post. I can relate. Sonny opted not even to attempt his piano recital in May. I hear ya on the debut; I've been star pupil in preschool and co-ring bearer, all in 2008. Cute pix!
Post a Comment