Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Knick Knack Paddy Whack

Hannah has a real knack for nicknaming. Her family does not consist of Daddy, Mommy, and Blake. Instead, we are Dob, Emily (formerly known as Mamacita Baba Ejalina), and Lingo Mio. Oh yeah, we have a dog too. He still goes by Opie, but Hannah has added a middle name, and he's now refered to as Opie Murray or just Murray for short. Grandma Cindy is now Gram Todd, and of course, Gram Todd (the queen of nicknaming) now refers to Hannah as Han Todd. I guess that I shouldn't exactly be surprised that she has developed this trait seeing as I almost never refer to her as "Hannah". Instead, she's usually Hannie or Hannie Bonanie. Of course, sometimes that's too much to spit out, so I just call her Bonan. (In The Baby Name Wizard, Hannah is listed as "nickname-proof". Ha!) I'm not sure that I ever call Adam by his name. I prefer Ad or Adders or even Adderson. Then of course, there's my Roonie...err, I mean Blake. My Blake-a-roonie that is. Like I said, I shouldn't be at all surprised that my Hannie comes up with silly nicknames for her loved ones. I grew up as Emmerdoodle Stroodle Noodle. Well, that's what I was called when I wasn't Emerson Lake and Palmer or Emerson Fittapaldi Jr.

3 comments:

Julie said...

SO Hilarious!

Amy said...

This post cracks me up. It's sad that she is probably at a mere 3 1/2 years old more creative than I am. :)

Jill Koren and Matthew Vetter said...

I was going to say hilarious, but Julie already said it, so I just say ditto.