Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yummy Chocolate Brownies

These brownies are about the most delicious things I've ever tasted. It should be noted though that they may lead to cardiac arrest. I'm okay with this, and I hope you are too! I usually have all of these ingredients on hand so this has become my go-to recipe when we are in need of something chocolaty (um, if you're like me, this is after nearly every meal).

Brownie Ingredients:

1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa (I use just a bit less than that)

Grease a 9x13" pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla, and then add dry ingredients. Pour batter into pan and bake for 15-17 minutes.

Fast Melting Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 heaping tbl cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
water

Melt the stick of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa and vanilla. Take off burner and add powdered sugar. The frosting will be really hard to stir at this point so add about 1/4 c water. I turn the burner back on low at this point and stir until powdered sugar is completely dissolved. Immediately pour the frosting over the slightly cooled brownies and quickly frost before frosting dries.

Note: These are just as good with vanilla frosting. Just omit the cocoa.

0 comments: